The cliffs along the sunny Cote d'Azur and the area just inland offer some of the best sport climbing found anywhere. The most famous venue is the magnificent Verdon Gorge with it walls of perfect limestone but this is only one of many great crags in the area. To the west is the beautiful Calanques with its amazing landscape, plus the spectacular Sainte Victoire. There are some great venues around Toulon, the sunniest city in France, plus there is the popular winter venue of Chateauvert and the less well known Esterel and Chateaudouble areas. Add in Saint Jeannet, Gorges du Loup and a selection of cliffs in the Nice area and you begin to see what an amazing amount of climbing the area has to offer.
* Sainte-Victoire, Les Calanques - Les Goudes, Sormiou, Morgiou, Luminy, En-Vau
* Toulon Area - Baou de Quatre Ouro, Citerne, Lierres, Mount Coudon, Fenouillet
* Chateauvert, Chateaudouble - Marinouns, Baou des Prannes, Rebouillon
* Verdon Gorge, Massif de l'Esterel, Gorge du Loup, Saint-Jeannet
* Nice Area - La Trinite, Peillon, Gorbio, La Turbie